Electricity is on! Lights are in! Cabinets are in! And we are in high gear with activity. So much so that I am having a little trouble keeping up and I know this is when I need all eyes on the project. Unfortunately, this all happened before we had paint on the walls because the painter wanted to go to Disney then Miami. I get he needed a vacation, but right in the middle of his contract? So, we moved forward with the light fixtures and cabinets and we got some additional painters in to at least get the first coat on (more on that in another blog), and it is starting to look like we can live here.
This house was in pretty bad shape regarding the electrical system. The panel was a rusty box on the outside porch, exposed to the elements and I am positive not to code. We knew we would require all new wiring in the house. So to have electricity and what I call “a little bling” with the fixtures, it’s a beautiful thing!
But it hasn’t been stress free. And I have made a few mistakes. Like the powder room fixtures that I ordered months ago, and looked at, and kept in my garage until the contractor finally said, “we need the lights” (YAY!) only to reveal that I ordered fixtures that had plugs in them – three of them. Looked at it, saw it, and it totally didn’t register that there should not be plugs on these fixtures. Thank you Restoration Hardware for allowing me to return those months old items. New ones are on the way! And there was the ceiling fan specifically designated for the guest bedroom that ended up on the upstairs porch, and the shipment of the wrong ceiling fan that I quickly stole away so no one would enthusiastically, mistakenly put it in.
Uptown problems, as my husband would say. So very grateful for this journey and opportunity! I can handle a few problems like these!